Yesterday on the way to Grandma Sonnie's house I stopped at a red light. I thought, according to law, that's what you're supposed to do. Boy was I mistaken. Lijiah, who knows more than me about traffic rules, obviously, got very upset that I was stopped. I told him, "Well that's what you're supposed to do at a red light." "NO!!" he says. "Wed is go and gween is stop. Go mommy, GO!" Due to the fact that we were at the corner of Bangerter Hwy and 78th South (not that I would do it at any other intersection anyway) I didn't think it would be very safe for me to dart out in traffic on the orders of a 4-year-old. So we stayed put. The light turned green and I proceeded across the intersection. At which point the smarty pants in the backseat starting screaming, literally screaming, at me to STOP. "Gween is stop Mommy. STOP RIGHT NOW." Now we were in the middle of a busy intersection, so I didn't think it wise to follow his orders.
We carried on the down the road stopping at reds and going at greens. All the while Lijiah was getting more and more angry at me for doing the wrong thing at each light. The angrier he got the more I laughed. The more I laughed the madder he got. "Stop laughing Mommy. Iss not funny. You doing it wong. Errbody's doing it wong. Iss just not funny anymore." I think if he could have, he would have popped me on the back of the head. I was laughing so hard at this point that I almost had to pull over to get myself together, Lij was screaming, and Jake was in his seat looking at both of us like we're crazy. (He might be right.)
I still can't convince Lij that red is stop and green is go...but as mad as he gets at me for not following orders, I just think I better carry doing it my way. But then again who knows...maybe I could start a revolution Stopping on Green and Going on Red. Of course what would probably really happen is a lot of wrecks and me being uninsurable...so I will stop at red, go on green, and maybe someday convince Lij that I'm doing it right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Megan,
Your kids are dang cute! I have thought about you a lot lately...especially with Krystal(my baby sis) hanging out with Rhett. It has brought back a TON of memories of when I dated Adam...I think it's been 13 or so years but we did have a lot of fun! I will always remember how cute you were and how young we all were! I hope all is going well and love ya!
Ivy M
Hi Megan! How are you? Are you getting settled in your new place? It looks like you and your kids are doing well. We had Bunco last night, and I missed you! Next time you come to Vernal, we'll have to get the group together for lunch or something! At least we can keep in touch with blogs! Mine is marcieandben.blogspot.com Talk to ya later!
Marcie
Post a Comment