Sunday, August 23, 2009

July

Holy Moly!!! We're almost current!

The 4th of July brought the end of a new tradition. We went to Sugar House park with Brad's family (like last year). But according to local rumor there will not be fireworks at Sugar House park in years to come...stinkin' budget cuts. It was a fun day. We had some tasty sandwiches and played some football. That evening we watched the fireworks. Jake still hides under a blanket the whole time. He's not a fan of the fireworks. I'm not sure why.

The month of July also brought a visit from my other kids. Robert's kids got to come and stay for a week with Grandma Sonnie. (Once again I neglected to get pictures because I am a dorkus.) It was fun to see Anthony, Johnny, Liz, Brianna, and Zack. I wish we could see them more. Lijiah and Jake have such fun playing with their brothers and sisters. We had a little spend-the-night with Zack. Lijiah just thought that was the greatest. He was so sad when Zack had to go home.

Brad does fire restoration. In July his company got a HUGE job in Ogden. They were working 14 hour days, and so they pulled campers up to a campground and stayed in Ogden. We didn't get to see much of him. The job was supposed to be 4 to 6 days...but it was one of those growing jobs. They have now finished...finally...in just under 7 weeks. But I heard a rumor that they've put a bid in on the next 6 bays...it took about 7 weeks to do 1 bay...UG!

No comments: