Thursday, September 3, 2009

First Day of Kindergarten

Lijiah had his first day of Kindergarten today. He's been off and on excited about it all summer. At back-to-school night he was NOT excited for Kindergarten. On his testing day yesterday he was ready to go. I was really hoping for him to maintain that enthusiasm through today...

No such luck. Once he figured out I wasn't staying with him he got upset. He stayed in the corner and cried. We stuck around for a bit, but when they started rounding everyone up to go inside I left. Apparently his teacher, Ms. McCarty, got him out of the corner and inside because I didn't get any calls.

When I picked Lij up from daycare he told me he had fun at Kindergarten. So I'm holding out that the second day will have a better start than the first.



4 comments:

The Hall Family said...

Good Job, Lijiah Man!

Grandma Bebbs said...

We are so proud of him. I cried when my first one went to kindergarten too. Although Jarod is the only one that showed any hesitation about leaving me behind.

Sheila said...

Can't believe he is that old already. Glad you were there for that first day.

Kirk and Dynelle said...

You have a kid in school. Now that's just crazy!!!