Jake turned 2 on the 17th. And sure he was only turning 2...but where's the challenge in blowing out 2 candles? So I put all 20...or thereabouts...on the cake. Much more fun, for me anyway. We had a big party with all kinds of grandparents, uncles, aunts and cousins. It was really a ton of fun.
On the 18th nearly all my family climbed to Timpanogas Cave. That was an...experience. The cave was AWESOME!!!! But the trip up and down the mountain was...well...not so awesome. It really is a long hike. A mile and a 1/2, gaining something like 1100 feet in elevation. Don't get me wrong...that would be a tough hike for anyone. But you go climb that mountain with an extra 100 pounds of sqirming children hanging on you...then tell me that you're tough. I personally did not do that. I only carried one of my kids at a time. But we happened to have a superhero with us that day (okay it was my brother Jarod) who carried both of my "fabulous" children for the steepest part. I did carry two for a bit...but the two I packed weighed about as much as one of mine...the smaller one.
Anywho...long story short. I will most definitely go to Timp Cave again. I even more definitely will not do it until my kids can make the hike by their own power.

1 comment:
You go girl! I'm way impressed...not sure I could even get my body up that mountain let alone someone else's! I also love your picture at the top of your blog...you are so goregous!
Post a Comment